Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Delinquent Young Student

This morning as I entered the building before 7:30 AM, a delinquent young student asked me how long my detentions are in the afternoons. Delinquent young student (DYS) had been talking while we were watching a movie last week. When I asked him to stop talking, he shot me the stink eye and proceeded to argue with me. I upped his consequence from a loss of points to a DT. This morning's conversation was hilarious.

DYS: Mrs. Pete, how long are your DTs?

ME: As long as I want them to be.

Unsuspecting bystander: Oooh boy, you're gonna be here foreva.

ME: Actually, I can't stay long it's my husband's birthday today.

Unsuspecting bystander: It's mass people's birthdays today

DYS: Thank you husband. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Happy Birthday Mr. Pete!

2 comments:

curlysue1000 said...

I'm a day late, but I just wanted to echo Stinky's sentiments...
Happy Birthday Mr. Pete!

Megan said...

Foreva...

You said "however long I want it to be" and that made me laugh so hard. I wish I could watch Mrs. Pete and her strength (and kindness) every day!

Happy bday to your lovely future babby daddy.