Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Heroes help you hold on a little longer"


Our little neighbors were out after trick-or-treat tonight. Sometimes I get a little annoyed because, as soon as I pull in the driveway, they are ringing my doorbell. Tonight Mr. Pete and I visited with them post-costume and candy binging. The boy suggested that I be Super Woman for Halloween. Both kids agreed that Mr. Pete should be Spider Man. They were even thinking of scenarios of how he could rescue me. I suggested that maybe I could be Mary Jane if Mr. Pete was Spider Man. We chatted for a while in the yard. The kids shared their candy with us. Mr. Pete got a sucker and I got some chocolate hand prints on my white vest. When we said goodnight, the little boy called over his shoulder, "Goodnight Spidy, Goodnight Mary Jane."
I think my life goal might be to be a hero in someone's eyes. Chocolate hand prints and excessive doorbell ringing aside, these kids are great.

No comments: