Wednesday, January 23, 2008

CAUTION: GRAPHIC IMAGE

...of a toe.

I dropped our crock pot on my foot last night in an effort to be a better homemaker. I was going to chop everything up the night before, throw it all in the crock pot, and enjoy some healthy turkey sausage-aya tonight for dinner. I didn't not expect what happened next.

I dropped the crock part on my big toe. Lots of pain. Lots of blood. Mr. Pete was a great nurse and made sure I stayed put for the duration of the evening. He even let me sleep on his side of the bed so I could prop my foot up while I slept.

I got a great night of sleep (considering the injury) and woke up in more pain. Long story short, I had a laceration, a black toenail, and some "crushing breaks" caused by the impact of the crock. After two hours at the doctor's office, a tetanus shot, some x-rays, and some other stuff you don't want to hear about that they do for black toenails I came home with some antibiotics and strict instructions to not run for the next few weeks.

I've decided that I am not cut out for endurance training or endurance domesticity.

Check it out

1 comment:

MMS said...

I wouldn't let the shattered, bloody toe stop you from helping me strip wallpaper the next night! The living room is officially finished now- hooray!