Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Fresh Start

We ate lots of stir fry last summer, lots. So, one of my goals this summer is to get a bit more creative with the way I use our produce. Meal #1: stir fry It's actually a yummy, easy recipe for making just about any vegetable. Here goes:






Ingredients:
1 T chicken bouillon granules
1 C warm water
1 T garlic powder (I prefer fresh garlic but I didn't have any)
1 T ginger
1 handful baby carrots
1 handful snow peas
4-5 handfuls of mixed greens (I used radish greens, kale, and collared greens)
4-5 small radishes
1 handful basil chopped finely
1 handful flat leaf parsley chopped finely
1 handful cilantro chopped finely
1 thinly sliced green pepper
Directions: Dilute granules in warm water and bring to a boil in a wok. Add garlic and ginger. Add mixed greens and denser veggies (carrots and radishes in this case...in other cases potatoes or broccoli). Boil for several minutes allowing the water to evaporate before adding the seasonings. Continue to cook over medium heat until carrots and radishes are tender. Serve over pasta or rice.
The verdict. It was a great first try. I added the snow peas at the very end and we enjoyed them el dente. Nothing too exotic about this meal. LOVE this rice pilaf. I could tell there was a lot of salt in the bouillon. I might try to find one that was lower in sodium. Just because.

No comments: